Managing the BIRT iServer SystemCourse Length: 3 days
Course Price: 567 Euro / 4.250 DKK per day
Who Should Attend?
System / Server Administrators
Attendance in the Fundamentals of e.Report Design or e.Report Designer Professional class. Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows platform and networking concepts is also recommended.
This course teaches students to use Actuate’s the web-based Management Console and BIRT iServer to manage customized reporting systems. The course focuses on the installation, configuration and management of the BIRT iServer in both standalone server and clustered server configurations. After completing this course, students will be able to schedule report generation, manage reports in a report encyclopedia, manage users, connect to various data sources and backup/restore the Report Encyclopedia.
Each student receives a comprehensive course manual, which functions both as a workbook during class, and as a detailed reference guide once the class is completed.
- BIRT iServer System architecture overview
- Installing the BIRT iServer
- Configuring the iServer for standalone and clustered environments
- Understanding the primary server processes
- General server administration tasks
- Working with locales for international reporting
- Setting up and administering the Report Encyclopedia's structure and contents
- Integration using Actuate’s Open Security feature
- Auto-archiving and online backup
- Employing Actuate’s Open Server function for use with third-party reports